Travel to Raleigh
The closest airport to the event is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU), which is about 20 minutes from the hotel by car. RDU is located along the western edge of Wake County, nearest to Morrisville, The Research Triangle Park and Cary: it is midway between downtown Raleigh and downtown Durham.
- Rental cars are available for pick-up at RDU. Each of the rental car companies at RDU offers courtesy shuttles to their offices, which are located on airport property.
- Ride sharing apps Uber and Lyft operate at RDU as well as in and around Raleigh.
- Public transportation: The GoTriangle RDU Shuttle and Route 100 bus routes provides public bus service from RDU to downtown Raleigh. The Sheraton is located next to the Salisbury St at W Davie St. bus stop.
- A variety of other ground transportation options, ranging from shuttles to buses are also available.
Event Hotel – Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Most events will be held at the Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel Address:
421 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
If you would like to stay closer to NC State University, there are a few options:
2100 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Raleigh/NC State
3741 Thistledown Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
2451 Alumni Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
There are also many other places to stay in Raleigh including house rentals through Airbnb and VRBO. Learn more
Downtown Raleigh is host to a number of exceptional eateries, many within walking distance from the hotel. Please visit our Recommended Restaurants page to see a list of local restaurants that we recommend. You can also search via Yelp or peruse articles below. The week of November 1-7 is Triangle Vegan Restaurant week. You may want to check some of these restaurants out!
Exploring Raleigh and the greater Triangle region
There are many fun things to do in the Triangle region of North Carolina.
More info can be found in the links below:
- Things to do in Raleigh
- Things to do in Durham
- Things to do in Chapel Hill
- Other Triangle attractions
In addition to Uber and Lyft, the GoRaleigh, GoCary (formerly C-Tran), downtown Raleigh R-LINE and Wolfline bus systems provide riders with an extensive network of local routes. The Research Triangle Region (Raleigh area, Durham and Chapel Hill) is served by the GoTriangle bus service. Bus fares are on the cheap, and lots of busses are equipped with Wi-Fi to play on your device while you ride! Learn more about Traveling by bus